Main Content Area
Application for Admission
The application deadline for admission for the Fall semester is January 15th. For full consideration for a departmental assistantship we must have your complete application by this date. Your application consists of two parts: an application to the graduate school and a supplemental application specific to the department. You must complete both parts of the application online.
1. Application to the Graduate School
Information can be found at the Graduate Admissions website. To initiate the online application process, click here. The graduate school requires a completed application form and payment of a $65.00 non-refundable application fee that can be paid by credit card. You may also pay the fee by check or money order made out to SIU and payable to a U.S. Bank. As part of the application you will provide the names and email addresses of three individuals willing to write letters of recommendation on your behalf. You should request letters from individuals who can comment on your academic abilities and potential for graduate study. They will receive a link to a secure site where they can submit their letters online. The graduate school also requires a minimum TOEFL score of 550/213/80 for international students.
Additional information and forms required from international students are available at the Graduate School Web site.
2. Supplemental application for the Molecular, Cellular and Systemic Physiology program
You will need to complete the supplemental questions on line specific to the Molecular, Cellular and Systemic Physiology program. We require
- List of teaching experience
- Financial support information
3. Documents to be sent directly to the department
- Official transcripts from each college or university that you have attended.
- Official GRE scores from the general exam. We do not require the subject exam. The SIU GRE code is 1726 and Department of Physiology code is 217.
The Department of Physiology Graduate Program Committee makes decisions on admissions and will only evaluate applications that are complete and include the complete online application, goal statement, financial support form, official transcripts, GRE scores and three letters of recommendation.